[governance] ITU Broadband Commission

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Apr 9 08:26:08 EDT 2012

In message <0627320DE1884CA483C73C20EBB18FF2 at UserVAIO>, at 09:18:53 on
Mon, 9 Apr 2012, michael gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com> writes
>Hi Roland,
>
>I don't think the issue is that doing something is better than doing nothing
>but rather about doing the the right thing (or the better thing) from the
>beginning and not having to undo or correct mistakes down the road.

That sounds like the "European scenario" in my commentary.

>In the development sphere pretty anyone who has any experience on the ground
>will tell you more or less the same thing--unless you engage/enable the
>folks at the grassroots not a whole lot of "development" (for them) will
>occur.

The "USA scenario" is to engage the grassroots by exposing them to the
flawed v1 and by implication inviting them to complain about it. (And
perhaps not by co-incidence, USA-ians are more comfortable complaining
than Europeans).

--
Roland Perry