[governance] Workshop Proposal Deadline Extension

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Apr 5 21:33:16 EDT 2012

Now I have a new one. If you sign up as a resource person, it asks you what region you "represent."
Let's put aside the fact that this is a silly choice of words (no one "represents" an entire region - except perhaps for Parminder ;-) - it should ask what region you are FROM. The bigger problem is that there is no choice available for North America. There is WEOG, a "region" that I discover means "Western European and Other Group." So is this some kind of not-so-subtle hint that us privileged, hegemonic honkeys from America are not wanted as resource persons? Or are there still people who believe that if you go further west than Europe, you fall off the earth? whooooaaaa....!!

I don't mind being an "other" I guess. It comes naturally.

But wait, there's more. One of the fields asks you whether you "want to be considered as a resource panelist", Yes/No. So let me get this straight, someone who logs in and starts filling in a form called "Resource Person Sign Up Form" is going to answer this NO?

Interacting with the IGF is always good for hours of amusement