[governance] 14 organizations joined IGC open letter to US GA on proposal of Internet security Code of Conduct

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Fri Sep 30 03:13:39 EDT 2011

Dear list,

So far the following 14 organizations joined as the signatory to the
Open Letter to the President of the UN General Assembly on International
Code of Conduct for Information Security. I am sure we may have more.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#label/09+Governance%2FIGC

Thank Wolfgang for first proposing this, and Jeremy for your out-reach work.

In my limited memory, this is the first attempt for IGC (at least in recent
months or years) to ask for joint open letter with other civil society
organizations and friends. We did asked ISOC and ICC last year for
the letter on CSTD WG on IGF improvement problem to join and they
did, but this is different.  (Correct me if I am wrong in early years we
might have done similar things).

Looking at the list of statements we made in the website, I find we were
rather focusing on the narrow "business of IGF", but not touching on the issues
of mutual interest around Internet Governance. Of course, it deserves
careful consideration and discussion if we are to continue this practice,
but I think it's worth to consider.

Anyway, I think this is a good new way of our out reach and enhancing
Civil Society voice in the IGF process. In other words, IGC tend
to talk within us on this list, but not effectively reaching out or
joining other efforts in a coordinated manner.

Any comments welcome,

izumi

Access
APC
Bits of Freedom
Centre for Internet and Society (CIS) Bangalore
Consumers International
Digitale Gesellschaft e.V.
Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights
Electronic Frontier Finland
Juliagruppen (The Julia Group)
La Quadrature du Net
May First/People Link Leadership
NURPA - Net Users' Rights Protection Association
Open Rights Group
VECAM
     governance at lists.cpsr.org