[governance] Re: CS letter to UNGA

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Sep 27 08:37:41 EDT 2011

On 27/09/2011, at 3:29 PM, Kleinwächter, Wolfgang wrote:

> Hi
>
> here is a very first draft of the letter. Additions,m changeas, enhancements are welcome.
>
> And lets start to invite other NGOs / CS Orgs to join.

Many thanks Wolfgang.  Due to the compressed timescale available to us, Izumi and I have agreed that we won't be holding the usual 48-hour consensus call after the discussion on this draft closes.  Instead we will determine whether there is a rough consensus based on the comments (especially objections) received as we fine-tune this draft text over the next 24 hours.  In the interim, I will reach out to other civil society networks and other stakeholder groups to ascertain whether they will sign on to the final text.  Thanks for your understanding of this deviation from our usual procedures.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

Consumers International (CI) is the world federation of consumer groups that, working together with its members, serves as the only independent and authoritative global voice for consumers. With over 220 member organisations in 115 countries, we are building a powerful international movement to help protect and empower consumers everywhere.
www.consumersinternational.org
Twitter @ConsumersInt

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.