[governance] critique of the IBSA proposal

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Sep 22 13:35:46 EDT 2011

Thanks, Marilia I will take this advice to heart. But in ICANN GAC, it never seems to work out and indeed seems to be getting worse, so forgive me if I seem frustrated and critical. And please note that in ICANN it is the US and EU who are creating the problem, not BRICs, so I hope no one accuses me of applying a double standard

building trust continuously with dialogue and I think that gov reps would be open to a frank dialogue during the IGF. The problem is that sometimes we jump into conclusions and we jeopardize constructive debate before it starts. These countries have taken some steps towards non-gov actors, let's also take some steps and dialogue with them.