[governance] critique of the IBSA proposal

Miguel Alcaine miguel.alcaine at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:14:07 EDT 2011

Dear colleagues:

My intention was not to take a side in the discussion, rather to present
facts. It seems I failed.

I was also an advocate of EC in its very dark beginning.

Nevertheless, Governments negotiating EC in WSIS left out all other actors
on purpose in that paragraph.

Today, I do believe all other actors than Governments should make themselves
heard and claim their space in building the EC process and the
complementarity space or relationship between IGF and EC.

Best,

Miguel

*Disclaimer*
My ideas are those of my own and does not represent any position of my
employer or any other institution