[governance] Are we meeting the challenges of bringing content and access to the world? WS 101 Sept. 27

Ginger Paque gpaque at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:53:14 EDT 2011

ACCESS WORKSHOP #101

SEPTEMBER 27, 9:00AM to 10:30AM, WORKSHOP ROOM 4

BACKGROUND PAPER

“*Are we meeting the challenges of bringing content and access to the
world?”*

   -

   *Ambassador Philip Verveer will open the workshop*

   -

   *Vladimir Radunovic, DiploFoundation will Moderate the workshop*

*WE WILL EXPLORE THE DRIVERS OF ACCESS…*

   -

   *We will hear from leading “in the field” experts on; Mobile
   Medicine/Remote Health Care over the internet*

   -

   *We will highlight Education as a key driver of Access and have a Senior
   global broadband industry official discuss their company’s ongoing
   commitment to this important Access Driver*

   -

   *We will have front line experts, Senior Officials, focusing on: Mobile
   Banking/Mobile Payments and their importance as drives of Access*

   -

   *We will have a Senior Official global infrastructure expert discussing
   the explosion in demand for broadband *

   -

   *We will have a Senior Official from one of the global leaders in content
   creation and distribution on hand to discuss how content drives access*

   -

   *We will have infrastructure build out experts discussing the real time
   challenges of building out connectivity in developing countries, in
   developing adaptive business models, and discussing what barriers their
   companies have encounter*

   -

   *Finally, we will hear success stories from ISPs around the world as they
   continue to grow and provide valuable services to their communities. *

*Panel Participants:*

Pankaj Gupta, Principal Consultant and Global Head of Sales and Delivery,
TCS

Bright Simons, Strategy Consultant, mPedigree,

Kristin Peterson, Co-Founder and CEO, inveneo

Virat Bhatia, President, External Affairs South Asia, AT&T (remote
participant)

Robert Pepper, Vice President Global Technology Policy,
Cisco

Snehar Shah, Head Orange Money, Orange Mobile, TelkomKenya

Betty Mwangi-Thuo, General Manager, Financial Services, Safaricom

Bevil Wooding, Chief Knowledge Officer of Congress WBN

Dorothy Attwood, Senior VP Global Public Policy, The Walt Disney Company

Jacquelynn Ruff, Vice President International Public Policy and Regulatory
Affairs, Verizon

Christoph Steck, Director Public Policy, Telefonica

Ginger (Virginia) Paque
Diplo Foundation
www.diplomacy.edu/ig
VirginiaP at diplomacy.edu