[governance] critique of the IBSA proposal

Raul Echeberria raul at lacnic.net
Mon Sep 19 12:04:41 EDT 2011

Mc. Tim

You are right, there is not a single view about EC.
As a signal of my willingness to discuss the topic, I wrote this article in 2008.

http://raul.echeberria.org/2008/12/enhanced-cooperation-its-meaning-and-progress/

It is a bit outdated, but the essence remains the same. So you can see what is my view about Enhanced Cooperation.

Best,

Raúl

El 19/09/2011, a las 12:46, McTim escribió:

> Hi Raul,
>
> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> I suspect Parminder et. al., who do not (or cannot) see EC going on
> understand EC as something totally different from the way you and I
> define it (our definitions may also be divergent).  As Adam has
> pointed out, it's not well defined.
>
> Those of us who pay attention know how many resources the NRO and it's
> members put into EC activities, to wit:
>
> AfWG- AfriNIC Government Working Group, RIPE NCC Government
> roundtables, AGWG- ARIN Government Working Group, LACNIC has a whole
> list of them here:
> http://lacnic.net/en/acuerdos/index.html,
>
> AfriNIC signs a Memorandum of Understanding with the Commonwealth
> Telecommunications Organisation:
> http://www.afrinic.net/press_release_cto_mou_25082011.htm
>
> and
> NRO participated at OECD High Level Meeting, 27-28 June
> http://www.nro.net/news/nro-participated-at-oecd-high-level-meeting-27-28-june
>
> etc, etc
>
> If you are interested there is a wealth of EC activity going on, one
> just has to want to recognise it.
>
> In any case, I look forward to seeing you next week and many thanks
> for your extraordinary efforts as NRO Chair.
>

> --
> Cheers,
>
> McTim
>     http://www.igcaucus.org/