[governance] Kenya: ICT policy, visa and Nairobi weather

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sun Sep 18 07:20:47 EDT 2011

Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTAnet), <http://www.kictanet.or.ke/> "a
multi-stakeholder platform for people and institutions interested and
involved in ICT policy and regulation..."  Very interesting, an
influential bunch of people.  Mailing list discussions are archived
on the website and a good source of information about what's
happening here, what people are thinking/doing.

I've just arrived in Nairobi:  Visa on arrival (if your country's
listed
<http://igf.or.ke/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=72>)
is simple.  Costs US$50 (also seem to take Euro, cost is 40, and UK
pounds, cost 30, but dollars a more useful currency to have.)

I got a visa application form here
<http://www.kenyarep-jp.com/visa/form/visa.pdf>, paper might also be
available on your flight. Saves a bit of time to complete before
standing in line.  And there is a second yellow or blue form you will
need to complete, those seem not available online (get from the
airline or at immigration.)

Any doubts, trust Grace (earlier email about visa assistance) not me.
A bit of luck and you'll be through immigration before your bags get
to the belt.

It's quite chilly, 20-21 degrees Celsius today.  I don't know the
long term forecast, but anyone planning to come, think mid 20s,
cooler in the evening.

Adam
     governance at lists.cpsr.org