[governance] critique of the IBSA proposal

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 01:29:37 EDT 2011

Paul,

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Paul Lehto <lehto.paul at gmail.com> wrote:

> But, in the private sector there will be no such correction, ever, and they
> too have "no joking" rules.

The so called "private sector led" (which I contend are more correctly
MS)  Internet Governance organisations change policies quite
frequently.

See the new gTLD policy as an example which you may be familiar with.
There are dozens of others I could cite as well.  Currently, I am
co-chair of the AfriNIC Policy Development Working Group.  If there
was no chance of having new policies or changing old policies, there
would be no such WG.  It is much easier to change these policies than
to get even one African government to change a law, let alone ALL
African countries to enact the same law.

BTW, Several of the RIRs have "Secret WGs" whose sole purpose is to make jokes.

--
Cheers,

McTim
     governance at lists.cpsr.org