[governance] Re: IGC on Facebook?

David Allen David_Allen_AB63 at post.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 6 16:39:55 EDT 2011

> imho, if the Egyptian revolutionaries were not too concerned about
> closed/proprietary/flawed/insecure/privacy-violating architectures
> to use the common tools available

Happily, the Arab spring had some new tools, however flawed, that
helped put it / them over the top.

Equally happily, we can do better than flawed tools.  And as a policy
group, re global 'Net policy, hopefully we will, by advocating /
innovating tools that are even more common - and of quality.  Instead
of selling ourselves to marketeers ...

... creating a piece of IGC that some members cannot see.

David

     governance at lists.cpsr.org