[governance] IGC on Facebook?

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Tue Sep 6 10:21:00 EDT 2011

I thought about this a long time.
Facebook is a proprietary, private website. There are many many users, and
it would be a reasonable thing to put the IGC information out there so that
like-minded folks can find us. However, Facebook in itself seems to be
totally against the principles of the IGC, and to expect people to go there
to find IGC info would not be a good thing.
So, I think that as a compromise, the IGC can have a FB page for outreach to
the FB users, and direct people to the other IGC online locations to truly
interact with us.  Our main interaction should be on the public, opensource
fora we have.
I don't think it's necessary to have a separate social net for us...

Jacqueline A. Morris
Technology should be like oxygen: Ubiquitous, Necessary, Invisible and Free.
(after Chris Lehmann <http://twitter.com/chrislehmann> )