[governance] CSTD WG going on

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Oct 31 15:34:03 EDT 2011

In message
<1320081340.82295.yint-ygo-j2me at web161005.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>, at
10:15:40 on Mon, 31 Oct 2011, Imran Ahmed Shah <ias_pk at yahoo.com> writes
>May I suggest some points for the discussion over there (if you also agree):
>1. Travel Support to attend IGF meetings for the Internet Community from
>Developing Economies through open application program like the ICANN have
>Fellowship Application System.

Roughly how many of these? (As a benchmark ICANN supported nineteen at
Dakar, that's approximately one from every ten countries).

>3. Increase the number of the membership (count) of MAG Members to have
>at least two members from each Country, one from CS and one from Internet
>Regulating Authority from the same Country.

That makes the MAG begin to sound like an ITU summit with perhaps 400
attendees. That's a rather different animal from the current one. And
who will pay for all that travel?
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org