[governance] November 1-2 Ministerial Cyber Event was Re: [] Cyber Security 2011

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Mon Oct 31 15:20:57 EDT 2011

Avri,

I am missing how a meeting with a bunch of speeches, including one British minister with a pre-existing talking points agenda (William Hague), gets to point of multiple governments reaching consensus.

Last week the German and French government didn't even want the British PM in the same room with them as they struggled to save the Euro; and now we worry (with all due respect) that William Hague will set the global agenda for cybersecurity? Doubt it.

Stranger things have happened I admit, but as our on-site reporter hinted, odds of a major advance given the structure of the meeting seems  - very low.

Lee