[governance] CSTD WG Day 1 - last session

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Mon Oct 31 12:59:15 EDT 2011

After coffee break, we quickly reached the following consensus.
All seem to be tired, but also this D and E are non-controversial
compared with previous issues.

D Participation – broadening
Broad agreement that the preparatory process need to be made more
visible and for more stakeholders to participate in it
Broad agreement on need to reach out to new stakeholders
Broad agreement on need to enhance remote participation
Broad agreement to increase and support participation of developing
countries in IGF and its preparatory process,
Increase Internet Governance for development (IG4D) topics in IGF
Continue to rotate location of IGF annually, to enable different
regions to have easy access to IGF

E Linking IGF to other related processes/mechanisms/bodies
Broad agreement on need to encourage greater links between national,
regional, and global IGF
Broad agreement on need to encourage greater links between IGF and
intergovernmental organizations and international organizations

The Chair asked us to study 20-page document of the Chair, and link them to the
five major topics we agreed today.

The Chair also indicated that we will have another meeting in January. But he
indicated there is no intention to host the third meeting unless
really necessary.

We adjourned at 6 pm, as scheduled.

For your reference, I attach the Chair's summary presentation this morning
titled as "IGF 2.0, Reflections on the tasks of the CSTD Working Group"

izumi
     governance at lists.cpsr.org