[governance] FW: [IP] India proposes UN "takeover" of Internet

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Oct 29 18:26:55 EDT 2011

Milton

First of all, as I expected, you and other critics are  sticking solely
to the 'oversight over technical policy making' part of the CIRP
proposal which is just one function of the proposed CIRP among seven
functions. Not many pf us think that technical policy aspect of the
Internet is the most important one. And Tunis Agenda did make the
distinction clearly. CIRP is more about globally applicable public
policy making and facilitating  treaties and conventions, something
which at present is done by organisations like OECD and CoE, for the
whole world, which makes it a rather undemocratic exercise.

That reminds me to ask you again: have you ever unleashed your pet rants
against governments and inter-gov policy devleopment systems at the
OECD's Committee for Information, Computer and Communication Policy
(CICCP) which regularly makes Internet related pulbic policies through
an 'inter gov' policy development system. I understand that you have
worked closely with OECD and CoE's policy development activites
including as an invited expert. Why do your pet rants fall silent in
those corridors of super global power..... I have been asking you this
question for quite some while without a response.

Are your invectives only for the poor developing countries?

Am at an airport and will address other issues of your emails in a few
hours. parmidner