[governance] Disclosure of Involvement

Baudouin Schombe baudouin.schombe at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 04:52:09 EDT 2011

Hi Sala,

It is with great pleasure to know you in ICANN as ALS. I too am in ICANN as
ALS for nearly 6 years almost.
With our caucus on Internet governance, complementarity makes sense with the
participation in the activities of ICANN specifically in the area of the
Internet.

*Baudouin*

2011/10/27 Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com>

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I am sending this as co-coordinator of this list. I am as of officially 2
> hours ago the new Asia Australasian Pacific Regional At Large Organisation
> (APRALO) representative to the At Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) within
> ICANN. This is by virtue of my being a member of the Pacific Islands Chapter
> of the Internet Society which is an ISOC Chapter which is an accredited At
> Large Structure (ALS). This is a voluntary involvement and is unpaid aside
> from travel to ICANN conferences.
>
> I will be able to contribute directly to technical policies and also to
> encourage people to participate in the development of policies and
> processes. I am also on record for suggesting encouraging strengthening
> corporate governance mechanisms within the ICANN. I am not an employee of
> ICANN and I believe that because it is an organisation that deals with the
> development of key policies.
>
> I will say that all the policies identified in the Working Group on
> Internet Governance Report (WGIG 2005) are policies discussed within the
> ICANN space. I want to be active in contributing in policy discussions to
> ensure that consumer and end user interests are looked after. The ALAC
> through the APRALO is the way of doing that.
>
> As co-coordinator, I see it only fitting that I send disclose this. I am
> also active in trying to build outreach and capacity development within the
> Asia Pacific in policy processes.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> --
> Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala