[governance] Disclosure of Involvement

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:53:14 EDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I am sending this as co-coordinator of this list. I am as of officially 2
hours ago the new Asia Australasian Pacific Regional At Large Organisation
(APRALO) representative to the At Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) within
ICANN. This is by virtue of my being a member of the Pacific Islands Chapter
of the Internet Society which is an ISOC Chapter which is an accredited At
Large Structure (ALS). This is a voluntary involvement and is unpaid aside
from travel to ICANN conferences.

I will be able to contribute directly to technical policies and also to
encourage people to participate in the development of policies and
processes. I am also on record for suggesting encouraging strengthening
corporate governance mechanisms within the ICANN. I am not an employee of
ICANN and I believe that because it is an organisation that deals with the
development of key policies.

I will say that all the policies identified in the Working Group on Internet
Governance Report (WGIG 2005) are policies discussed within the ICANN space.
I want to be active in contributing in policy discussions to ensure that
consumer and end user interests are looked after. The ALAC through the
APRALO is the way of doing that.

As co-coordinator, I see it only fitting that I send disclose this. I am
also active in trying to build outreach and capacity development within the
Asia Pacific in policy processes.

Kind Regards,

--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala