[governance] IANA contract to be opened for competitive bidding on November 4

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Tue Oct 25 15:30:20 EDT 2011

I liked your blueprint John, its a good path forward. Would that some action
would occur in this direction.

Re Daniel's problem that ICANN needs to be fixed first - Mahatma Ghandi
famously said words to the British along the lines of "we would rather have
our own poor government than your very good government". I think that
applies here, and indeed getting rid of the USG contract might just be a
catalyst for some ICANN improvements and better levels of involvement.

Ian Peter

     governance at lists.cpsr.org