[governance] IANA contract to be opened for competitive bidding on November 4

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Mon Oct 24 19:02:05 EDT 2011

On Oct 24, 2011, at 10:44 PM, John Levine wrote:

> No amount of blustering will change the fact that the US Government is
> firmly in charge of the root and will be unless they make the unlikely
> decision to hand their control over to someone ele.

Our collective job: create a  multi-stakeholder, open and transparent
bottom-up policy development model for DNS technical coordination which
performs so well and is so universally supported that any vestigial USG
oversight is clearly redundant and without purpose.  Not inconceivable,
but we've got quite a distant to cover (in my opinion)

/John

     governance at lists.cpsr.org