[governance] I think we debated this ~7 years ago, but it seems to have come up again...

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Oct 24 03:12:04 EDT 2011

Dear Siva

IT for Change supports the ISOC Chennai position in the below regard. If
an NIR has to be formed we see no reason for it to have exclusive rights
to addresses for the country. Secondly, as your letter says, it is very
important to divest any potential NIR management from ISPs heaviness. I
think you should specifically propose the Brazilian multistakeholder
model of managing the NIR as what India should adopt. parminder