[governance] IANA contract to be opened for competitive bidding on November 4

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sun Oct 23 15:29:47 EDT 2011

And why on earth does ICANN or anyone else like the root zone operators have
to follow their instructions anyway? Surely this can just become a function
of ICANN and forget about the silly authorisation from USG. It serves no
useful purpose now that ICANN is established as a representative structure
involving all stakeholders. Anachronistic and unneccessary.

ICANN might be well served by not bothering to apply.

Ian Peter