[governance] I think we debated this ~7 years ago, but it seems to have come up again...

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 15:47:43 EDT 2011

Jefe,

Here is the text of the proposal in its current form:

http://www.apnic.net/policy/proposals/prop-100/prop-100-v002.txt

I think you will agree that it is not the same thing as a NIR (altho
that is in the works as well).

You may have already read my opinion on this sort of plan here:

http://www.circleid.com/posts/country_internet_registries_one_african_perspective/

Perhaps the most germane sentence is this one:  "..once a nation has
an telecommunications asset (think frequencies or licenses), as IPv6
blocks would surely be perceived, the tendency is to maximize revenue
from that asset. "

--
Cheers,

McTim