[governance] IGC request for CSTD WG

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Fri Oct 21 03:24:12 EDT 2011

Dear list,

IGC members to CSTD WG on IGF improvement have discussed and agreed
to send the following request to the Chair asking for opening up of the WG
meeting to observers to increase transparency and openness.

It is not our "official statement", so I plan to send this shortly as
co-moderator, but just to let you all know in advance.

izumi

-------

Dear Peter,

The Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus (CS IGC)  would like to ask
you as the new Chair of the CSTD Working Group on improving IGF to
open up the meeting to non-contributing observers as it will enhance
transparency and openness of our work.

There are a number of potential observers from the civil society as well
as from other stakeholder groups, including governments,
business, and  science and technical community, who may have good
access to meetings in Geneva and would be interested in sitting inside
the meeting room.

We trust your wisdom and thank you very much for your kind consideration
in advance,

Jeremy Malcolm and Izumi Aizu,
Co-coordinators of the Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus
(Jeremy will be replaced by our new Co-coordinator, Salanieta
Tamanikaiwaimaro shortly)
     governance at lists.cpsr.org