[governance] Efficient Spectrum Management + Efficient Networks = Access ?

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Oct 20 10:16:20 EDT 2011

In message
<CAJwbTiA+8mNLpDGY1nfHnrQcStCN43ZMc57CX3JdW44+MAF7Dg at mail.gmail.com>, at
01:58:03 on Fri, 21 Oct 2011, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro
<salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> writes
>Yes I also watched on Telecom TV something about Wifi being the
>solution as not only indoor but outdoor as well.

The idea is to bundle a subscription to widely deployed wifi hotspots
"outdoors". The next stage is cleverer - persuade households with a
landline (cable or ADSL) Internet connection to share their wifi with
suitably authenticated third parties who just happen to be within 100
metres.

Years ago there were many proposals for "meshes" which would have had a
similar characteristic, but they seem to have fallen by the wayside.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org