[governance] Announcing the results of the 2012 IGC coordinator elections

KovenRonald at aol.com KovenRonald at aol.com
Thu Oct 20 07:34:51 EDT 2011

Dear All --

I didn't vote because i didn't get a very clear idea who the candidates
were. But I still want to be active in the IGC. I therefore think there should
be a way to vote, exoressing interest in the IGC, without stating a
preference for a candidate.

Rather than "none of the above," I suggest there be provision for
"abstain," which casts aspersions on nobody, while showing attachment to the caucus.

With a couple of notable exceptions, voting isn't a requirement of
citizenship. And even in countries where voting is required explicitly (Australia,
Belgium) or implicitly (Italy), one can, after all cast a blank or spoiled
ballot.

Best regards, Rony Koven