[governance] Considering a Common Pool Resource Approach to City-TLDs

Thomas Lowenhaupt toml at communisphere.com
Thu Oct 20 00:22:25 EDT 2011

It's been suggested that city-TLDs, such as .nyc, .london, .mumbai, and
.paris, are "open greenfields for new local governance structures." And
that they would most effectively serve the public interest if developed
as digital commons.

How do we advance the idea that city-TLDs - and especially .nyc - are
best developed as public interest resources?

David Bollier, an important voice for the commons - http://bollier.org/
- joins us at our weekly Tea and TLDs conference to imagine a governance
structure that best assures a city-TLD's equitable development and long
term vitality.

Join us this Thursday from 10-11 AM at our Google Hangout -
http://bit.ly/NYCTLD -- for the conversation. If you can't make it, look
to our blog -- http://bit.ly/OurBlog -- for a recording.

Best,

Tom Lowenhaupt