AW: [governance] Formal IGC response to IBSA proposal ahead of 18-19 Summit?

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu Oct 13 02:46:01 EDT 2011

On 13/10/11 13:16, Sonigitu Ekpe wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Excellent analysis from Wolfgang and others!
>
> Hope we can assemble very good statement from the inputs so far?
>
> Dr. Jeremy looking up for a daft statement.

I have already re-sent our last statement on enhanced cooperation to
Romulo Neves of Brazil who promised to share it with his colleagues from
South Africa and India ahead of the meeting.  But I felt that there was
not strong support for a new statement yet, such as the one that Sala
had suggested we write after holding a straw poll (or in her words
"white monkey" poll, which is a new expression for me!).  Given the
upcoming change in coordinators, this is another reason why it may now
be best to wait until after the IBSA meeting before issuing a new statement.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator*

Consumers International (CI) is the world federation of consumer groups
that, working together with its members, serves as the only independent
and authoritative global voice for consumers. With over 220 member
organisations in 115 countries, we are building a powerful international
movement to help protect and empower consumers everywhere.
_www.consumersinternational.org <http://www.consumersinternational.org/>_
_Twitter @ConsumersInt <http://twitter.com/Consumers_Int>_

Read our email confidentiality notice
<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>. Don't