[governance] Election Statement

Sonigitu Ekpe sonigituekpe at crossriverstate.gov.ng
Wed Oct 5 06:05:58 EDT 2011

Fellows and friends,

Understanding the complexmultidisciplinary nature and regime involving many issues, actors, mechanisms,procedures and instruments; I present myself for service in the next electionfor the Internet Governance Caucus (IGC)- Coordinator.

“Do we have to Universalize InternetGovernance development at the expense of the richness of diversity?”

‘How can we promote universalunderstanding, taking into account what Internet Governance development meansto each community without promoting the hegemony of our own perception ofInternet Governance development?’

Free Internet will lead tomore transparency and political accountability which I greatly preserve,keeping in mind the borderless nature of the Internet.

My vision is to utilizeand harmonise resources, human and material resources for the continuous developmentof the Internet for the benefit of the generality of man and our environment,to the glory of the Almighty.

To the Internet GovernanceCaucus, I pledge my love and toil and with abiding faith in Almighty Creator,aspire to develop a well-articulated, determined, coordinated and disciplinedprogram to succeed. The like of which has not to date been obtained in IGC.

With a focus on Top Downservices from our team to help up-lift the poor that act in Bottom Up activities;with the involvement of a variety of stakeholders who differ in many aspects,including international legal capacity with interest in Internet Governanceissues, and available expertise to:
 * ·       Promote the growth of mutual trust andrespect for all
 * ·       Reach out with governments andinter-governmental agencies through the enhancement of Civil Society Voice andnon-state actors in the Internet Governance Forum process.
 * ·       To be part of a team that will lay out anapproach that unifies our engagement in ushering a new era of InternationalCooperation.
 * ·       Together, we can work to build a future forthe IGC that is open, interoperable, secure and reliable.
 * ·    Creating enabling environment for increasecollaborations among the multi-stakeholders to contribute to the discussion andimplementation of outcomes with governments which will truly promote thevertical and horizontal management of the Internet.

The Internet continues toexpand at a rapid rate, not only in terms of the number of users but also interms of the services that it offers. And I believe we all want the IGCtransformation with vast potentials resulting in good relationship withBusiness and Technical communities.

To achieve the above, Ipropose to put in place the following:
a.     1.  Strategyand contact Committee
b.     2. EconomicCommittee
c.      3.  FinanceCommittee

With the following termsof reference:
 * ·             Strategy and Contact Committee
o  Identify specific goals and objectives
o  Develop programmes for achieving goals
o  Establish contacts and links withgovernments, private sector, Civil Societies, non-state actors andintergovernmental agencies
o  Develop strategies for politicalempowerment
o  Lobbying
o  Propaganda
o  Press relations
o  Protocol
 * ·           Economic Committee
o  Develop economic blueprint for the InternetGovernance Caucus
o  Analyse investment and research opportunities
o  Monitor implementation of projects
 * ·       Finance Committee
o  Identify ways of enhancing financialpositions of members
o  Prepare revenue projections
o  Identify and harness ways and means ofgenerating funds
o  Identify specific source of funding forspecific projects
o  Treasury

Finally, with variablegeometric approach, we will bridge the principal challenge for many governmentsto develop a strategy to gather and effectively coordinate support fromnon-state actors, such as universities, private companies, and non-governmentalorganizations that have the necessary expertise to deal with InternetGovernance Issues.

Yourvotes will make a great difference.

Thank you.

SonigituEkpe Aji
(aka)Sea

--
 Sonigitu Ekpe Project Support Officer[Agriculturist] Cross River Farm Credit Scheme Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources 3 Barracks Road P.M.B. 1119 Calabar - Cross River State, Nigeria.  Mobile +234 805 0232 469    Office + 234 802 751 0179  "LIFE is all about love and thanksgiving"
The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly destroy this message and notify the sender by replying the email in such instances. We do not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was originally sent and any views, opinions, conclusions or other information in this message which do not relate to the business of this firm or are not authorized by us.The Cross River State Government is not liable neither for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt.