[governance] Nominees for next co-coordinator position

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Sat Oct 1 04:23:08 EDT 2011

I am pleased to nominate Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala (Pacific) and Raquel Gatto (Latin America) as candidates for the position of IGC coordinator.  Also, nominating themselves (thank you!), are Asif Kabani (Asia) and Sonigitu Ekpe (Africa).

This means that we have four candidates, equal numbers of each gender, from four different Southern regions.  This is enough if we were to call the election now, but we will leave it open for a little longer for others to nominate themselves or to be nominated.

Please, if you would like yourself or someone else to be considered for the position of IGC coordinator in the next election, send your nomination by next Saturday 8 October.  I will begin to prepare the election process after that.

It would also be helpful if each of the candidates could post an election statement to the list, which will also be included on the voting website.  As a guide, you may wish to address one or more of the issues that I posted in my last message to the list titled "Handover notes", but it's up to you.

Thanks to all our candidates and good luck!

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator

Consumers International (CI) is the world federation of consumer groups that, working together with its members, serves as the only independent and authoritative global voice for consumers. With over 220 member organisations in 115 countries, we are building a powerful international movement to help protect and empower consumers everywhere.
www.consumersinternational.org
Twitter @ConsumersInt

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.