[governance] Proposal to Merge Website and Mailing List Consultations [Administration/Logistics]

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Wed Nov 16 20:37:42 EST 2011

Dear list,
So far we have almost 30 positive responses and no objection.

To Imran, yes, I think we will migrate the list from @cpsr.org to
@igcaucus.org, but will check the details with Jeremy. I hope each
member will not have to
re-subscribe to the list.

I was thinking similar to what Parminder wrote, to just confirm if
there is no objection and then go ahead. Well, it looks even we made
somewhat more elaborate proposal, the net effect seems to be close.
We will wait for some more days and then make it final. We welcome
more AYEs.

As for the payment methods, we will check some other options suggested
too, and get back to you. We may use some combination of several methods
perhaps.

To the Lee's question of should IGC make legal base or not, my personal
feel is that we do NOT need to do so now, at least for the hosting of
website change and fund raising.

Of course, we can discuss about this important issue, yet what I mean
is we can separate this from the "technical" issue of host change.

best,

izumi
     governance at lists.cpsr.org