[governance] SOPA

Cynthia Wong cynthia at cdt.org
Wed Nov 16 08:54:52 EST 2011

Thanks to everyone who has raised SOPA.

FYI -- there is a hearing the U.S. Congress today on this bill: http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/hear_11162011.html

In addition, there are two civil society letters that may still be
open for sign on.  You can read them here and here .  These letters
have already been delivered to Congress in time for today's hearing,
but the organizers may still add names to the letter as they come in.
If you are interested in getting involved, please feel free to get in
touch.

My organization CDT is also keeping a running list of all voices that
have expressed concern about the bill here: http://cdt.org/report/growing-chorus-opposition-stop-online-piracy-act
If you have written about the bill and would like to add yours, please
let me know.

Letters:
https://www.accessnow.org/page/-/docs/SOPAletterfromIntcommunity-final.pdf
http://cdt.org/letter/public-interest-letter-against-sopa

//
Cynthia M. Wong
Director, Global Internet Freedom Project
Center for Democracy & Technology

CDT  •  1634 I Street NW  •  Suite 1100  •  Washington, DC 20006
E cynthia at cdt.org P +1-202-407-8835 F +1-202-637-0968

Keeping the Internet Open, Innovative & Free!

Follow our work on Twitter @CenDemTech @cynthiamw

On Nov 16, 2011, at 8:36 AM, William Drake wrote:

FYI if anyone here is interested in signing

Begin forwarded message:

>>> www.mediachange.ch/people/william-j-drake

     governance at lists.cpsr.org