[governance] ICANN Accountability and Transparency

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Sun Nov 13 17:21:21 EST 2011

On Nov 13, 2011, at 1:40 PM, David Allen wrote:

> B), modified - as the original noted:
>
> This is only the last in a long series of reviews and criticisms, over several years.  ICANN has brushed off each of those reviews, with perfunctory acknowledgement.  Over years.  Years.
>
> When the track record is so clear, protestations that 'things will be different this time,' just don't cut it.  Only action.

I haven't indicated things will be different this time. I am simply asking for the your basis for suggesting
that ICANN will not implement the results of the ATRT review.

> Again, history and facts are determinative.  Including future history, when and as it may come to pass.
>
> This is a case where _only_ results, finally, can overcome the stain of a past record.  Not protestations.

So do you believe that the following report (including the completed actions to date) is
not accurate, or for some reason does the implementation that has occurred not count?

<http://www.icann.org/en/accountability/atrt-implementation-summary-24oct11-en.pdf>

Thanks,
/John

     governance at lists.cpsr.org