[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Thu Nov 10 02:20:52 EST 2011

Tina,

I believe my questions below are in no way related to the '.бг case'. If
the use of .бг confuses you, let's use .ελ as an example. Does that help
to avoid 'disclosure' of the case?

We hope the applicant from Bulgaria will soon be on the list or if they
already are reading, will decide to participate.
I have made it clear several times, that it was never my intention to
speak on their behalf. I really do not want to speak on their behalf,
for many different reasons.

But, you see, I am part of the Bulgarian Internet community, in several
of my.. "capacities", such as, but not limited to - the individual
responsible for introduction of Internet in Bulgaria some 20+ years ago,
the individual responsible for the creation and operation of the BG
ccTLD for the past 20 years, an active participant in the local
consultation process within Bulgaria involved specifically with this
case. Member of various ICANN working groups. I am not going to list any
ISOC etc memberships, because you see, that is strictly irrelevant to
this topic. By the way, I also pretend to understand the specifics of
the Cyrillic script and it's relation to other scripts such as Greek or
Latin.
I have also some other knowledge, related to this issue, that I have
decided to remain untold. For now.

I am aware there are several other members of the Bulgarian Internet
community who actively follow this discussion here. I have confirmed
this in several discussions we had already, including at the recent
domain.forum. It is their choice to speak here or not.

By the way, this 'secrecy' is one of the indeed serious flaws in the
implementation of the IDN Fast Track process by ICANN. It serves no
other purpose but to ruin the trust ICANN has with the community.

Daniel