[governance] Russian Internet Content Monitoring System To Go Live In December

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Wed Nov 9 08:24:20 EST 2011

On 09.11.11 15:11, Louis Pouzin (well) wrote:
> /It seems fashionable for a number of countries to order such sniffers.
> Providers are Israel, USA, maybe New Zealand, Australia. Keep the list
> open.
> /

Curious, how this is different from what Google was going for years?
Even if it is not official, it is pretty much obvious that Google can do
what this system suggests it can. Similar systems have existed in Russia
for years too.

The Google scheme is somewhat different, because the victim sites are
offered a bait in form of revenue or various pretty statistics in return
of Google having all their content. Guess webmasters in Russia would not
want KGB, err.. Roskomnadzor do the same, at least they will never admin
to have agreed to it.

But yes, perhaps we start to see the first public signs of such systems
being sold to Governments.

Daniel