[governance] Cybersecurity

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at orange.fr
Fri Nov 4 06:58:57 EDT 2011

Oh, Wolfgang ! This is a case of the biters bite !
(in french : l'arroseur arrosé, i.e. the sprinkled sprinkler).

I'd just recall the ECHELON spying system that the USG extended over the whole globus with the precious collaboration of the UK, Australia and New Zealand. They have been  spying European electronic entreprises -inter alia- for more than a decade for their own interests. And continue to do so.

That's why they -the USG, but also its "associates" in ECHELON- are disqualified from invoking "cyberspsying" ; it's just crying wolf and that is rather laughable !

For remembering ECHELON, please read "IC 200" by Duncan Campbell, and the Report of the European Parliament on ECHELON (there was a very interesting debate about it in the early 2000s).

Never did I see nor hear any critics on this list about such a State-predator's practice. Probably because we are here among "IG gentlemen" ...

Friendly

Jean-Louis Fulklsack
CSDPTT-France