[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .бг (.bg)? - Recommendation

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 01:38:50 EDT 2011

Dear Friends,

Context:

Actually, the visual resemblance of TLD string had not been studied thoroughly and precisely in early stages, when the ccTLDs were being allocated with ASCI codes (Latin Characters). That is why the 18 ccTLD script has confusing similarity in visual text with each other. However, this kind of study become the focus  of the DNS stability teams when the IDN ccTLDs were being introduced and they had to exercise their authority for the refusal, easily say, No. According the Fast Track they do not have liability and responsible to justify their decision or recommendations to the public. That is why, confusions are being developed among public and technical community trust on the transparent decision making process of the ICANN. Internet recognized by ASCI codes (Latin Characters) and simply Cyrillic .бг has resemblance with Latin .6r (digit six + r). I also underact that Bulgarians would not like leave the abbreviated string by selecting alternatively full name of the Country in Cyrillic Language script.

Review on Requirement Analysis:

Now, my question is with the Bulgarians Internet Community that do they really want to go for the cyrillic language script and feel much benefit out of it by having Cyrillic .бг in parallel to the English .bg then what is the solution? (because in Korea, the Korean Internet community do not feel much benefit and advantage to have domain names with IDN ccTLD with Korean Language). And I believe that the public and technical communities and ICANN are unaware with the future (upcoming) prospects and potential of the failures of IDN TLDs framework.

Recommended Solution:

In order to resolve this conflict I do not understand that appealing to ombudsman could resolve the conflict, because they provisioning allows to refuse. I would recommend that Internet Community and Internet Governance supporting organizations should write to the ICANN Board and requesting them to authorize ccNSO and GNSO with a mandate to develop a Working Group, and that working groups would address these issues and to sort out the way to compensate IDN TLDs applicant’s to promote Internationalized Domain Name System. And the allocation of the Cyrillic .бг string may be allowed with the recommendation of that specific working group to the board of ICANN.

Regards

Imran Ahmad Shah