[governance] Draft resolution WSIS follow-up

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Mon May 30 20:20:52 EDT 2011

Yeah Avri, but that review should be more routinized than this first one.

I agree with Miguel generally; although there are alternate ways to interpret the phrasing in the section headlined ' Enhance Cooperation':

'to enable governments on an equal footing to carry out their roles and responsibilities in
respect of international public policy issues pertaining to the
Internet... through a balanced participation of
all stakeholders in their respective roles and responsibilities'

My read is that this is, indeed, presented as a distinct and possibly orthogonal issue to the next section on the IGF, and its eventual improvement.

But to conclude that the now delayed eventual improvements in IGF might not help 'enable governments on an equal footing to carry out their roles and responsibilities in
respect of international public policy issues pertaining to the Internet... through a balanced participation of all stakeholders in their respective roles and responsibilities' - is premature and under-ambitious for the IGF imho.

Lee