[governance] Comments on CSTD WG in IGF improvements, May 2011

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue May 24 07:18:19 EDT 2011

>Dear Adam,
>
>On 5/24/11 12:05 PM, Adam Peake wrote:
>>Section 2.  I don't understand the reasoning behind the timeline,
>>isn't a report required before March 2012?  (when will ECOSOC/GA
>>need to think about the IGF again?)  But the items make sense.
>>Except perhaps involving the MAG which unless formally renewed and
>>repopulated (Catch 22?) isn't really in a state to be a partner in
>>a consultation.
>Can you elaborate your point re: MAG? MAG is not repopulated,
>either? Are they?

Katitza, hi.

Just to be clear, I was referring to Anriette's email and suggestion
that the CSTD working group on IGF improvements:

At 9:18 AM +0200 5/24/11, Anriette Esterhuysen wrote:
>- have meeting focused on IGF improvements with the MAG during the
>November 2011 open consultation

You mentioned there had been a letter from Mr. Sha, "extending an
invitation to all present MAG members to continue their work until
the conclusion of the 2011 IGF meeting in Nairobi."  But it doesn't
seem extend the MAG's function beyond Nairobi, which is September.
And Mr Sha hasn't replaced members who have left, quite a number from
civil society. Even if there was a MAG in November, it would probably
be lacking in civil society members so you guys remaining would be at
a disadvantage (again) in discussions.

Best,

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org