[governance] IGF plus IGC + only members list.

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Sun May 22 04:18:32 EDT 2011

As one of the co-coordinators, I would like to respond briefly to the request
or suggestion Katitza made about the need for creating a new, CS-only list.

As already indicated here, there are pros and cons for this.
If there is enough support to go for voting, then, yes, it will be the
coordinators responsibility to open for such voting.

I like to see how many are explicitly in favor of creating this new list and
how many are not so, but before doing so, please express your reactions
first on the current list.

izumi

> I also would like to call attention to the fact that this list is open to
> other stakeholders including public authorities, government officials,
> technical community, and business sector representatives. Therefore, members
> need to understand that MAG members have a very difficult task to share
> strategies in a public list. Any public strategy that we can share here, can
> always harm our collective efforts in spaces where disclosing your strategy
> in advance is a big problem and can harm our work.
>
> I would like to ask the coordinators to create a list for IGC-only members
> that is close to their members. In that way, civil society MAG members will
> be able to provide a better report after the meeting.
>
> All the best, Katitza

>    http://www.igcaucus.org/

                        >> Izumi Aizu <<
                                  Japan