[governance] Petition on G8

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat May 21 11:51:35 EDT 2011

On Friday 20 May 2011 06:40 PM, Constance Bommelaer wrote:
> Thanks, Divina.
>
> In future G8 and G20 forums, it would be nice to hold a side event or simply
> participate to a session at the Avignon Forum (side-event to the G20) where
> all stakeholders would be invited to participate: civil society, business
> and the Internet technical community.
The point remains who will fund such a side event? Will civil society
participants be able to attend? Our best bet is publicly funded events/
forums with clearly laid out funding support provisions. There is no
multistakeholderism or participatory democracy without such proactive
measures in place. Parminder