[governance] Petition on G8

Divina MEIGS divina.meigs at orange.fr
Fri May 20 08:58:57 EDT 2011

Dear all
A quick follow-up on our open letter to president Sarkozy:
    -it was sent to and acknowledged by the person close to the president in
charge of organizing the event
    -it was sent to and acknowldedged by the person at the Foreign affairs
ministry that follows internet governance issues
    -it was sent to Agence France Presse
    -it has receveid support by Ligue des droits de l'homme
    -Le Monde didn't publish it in its "debate" columns though it did
consider it  and it is going to report on the e-G8
    -it will be debated in two news-programmes on France Culture: "Un jour
sur la toile" (next weekend) and "enjeux internationaux" (30 may)

Please note the proposed action of the French "Quadrature du net" at this
address:

http://www.laquadrature.net/en/eg8-forum-a-smokescreen-for-governmental-cont
rol-of-the-net

There is this idea, rapidly discussed with Constance Bommelaer from ISOC, to
do a civil society/technical community event prior to G20 in Cannes ...

Please let us exchange, if you have other contacts or other news of
activities

Best
divina

     governance at lists.cpsr.org