[governance] Merger of workshop "Reflection on theIndianproposal towards an IGF 2.0"

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Thu May 12 15:25:31 EDT 2011

Hi,

It might help if, as seems to be done by other groups in the MAG, there were a constant Skype, or other IM, communications going on at all times among the Civil Society reps in the room and others from civil society

As I said, one often sees how the Business and Internet Community reps reinforce each other's arguments each taking a piece of the argument, and essentially take the air out of any opposition to the their point of view.  Working together, the civil society reps ought to be able to stand up to them.

This is not meant to point fingers or to say anyone has done something wrong, only to recommend that civil society start borrowing some of the very effective tactics some of our 'partners' have been using to their good advantage.  Business interests has been very effective at gaining advantage for their points of view often to the detriment of civil society. It is time to start turning the tables.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org