[governance] Merger of workshop "Reflection on the Indian proposal towards an IGF 2.0"

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu May 12 04:56:29 EDT 2011

On 12/05/11 16:53, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:
>> The ICC/BASIS and ISOC were invited to participate in our workshop,
>> "Reflection on the Indian proposal towards an IGF 2.0".  Instead, they
>> responded by proposing competing workshops of their own and suggesting
>> that the three be merged.
> Is their motivation for choosing this course of action known?
>
> How do their perspectives on workshop outcomes compare to the
> desires of Marilia and yourself?

A summary was sent around privately after the teleconference, but we
have been requested not to repost it.  Anyway, my notes of the
teleconference include a lot of catch-phrases like "holistic dialogue",
"all-encompassing", "general debate", "range of ideas"... as opposed to
the much more focused agenda for our workshop.  I'm not sure how much
more I can say about their motivations or perspectives, but it is not
difficult to speculate.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Project Coordinator*

*Empowering Tomorrow’s Consumers
CI World Congress, 3-6 May 2011, Hong Kong*

Businesses, governments and civil society are invited to join consumer
groups from around the world for four days of debate and discussion on
the issues that matter most to consumers. Register now!
_http://www.consumersinternational.org/congress_

Read our email confidentiality notice
<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>. Don't
print this email unless necessary.