AW: [governance] Internet G8 meeting

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Mon May 9 12:54:39 EDT 2011

On 9 May 2011, at 11:39, McTim wrote:

> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Avri Doria <avri at ella.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think it might be sufficient to only include IAN's first sentence.  I do not not personally think it is needed, and I think we should be arguing for civil society's inclusion at this.
>>
>> I see no reason to go to ICC/Basis on this
>

> Wouldn't they want to back us up on MSism?

They might, and it would be lovely for them to send their own letter objecting to civil society's exclusion.  Though I admit I have trouble imagining that.

This, on the other hand is not only a plea for multistakeholder model in general but a statement of the inappropriateness of including only Business and not Civil society.  We should be ready to stand on our own making that claim.

I certainly do not think it appropriate to ask them to review the statement and suggest changes.  But certainly after it is sent, we should copy ICC/Basis and if they want to endorse it, then we can be grateful.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org