[governance] Internet G8 meeting

Marie GEORGES marie.georges at noos.fr
Tue May 3 10:18:31 EDT 2011

Hi
Just for information:

Here enclosed the Declaration of the G7 of 1995 (sorry,in French,  that is the only version I finally found after weeks. The FIRST G7 on Internet society,( but ministerial),   that the European commission was mandated to organized in Brussels: Yes more inclusive...and  time of the adoption of the Directive on Data privacy....

In France President Sarkosy 's vision for the G8 is Growth (by/for big northern enterprises) and "civilizing internet", meaning for many other persons "internet to be colonized" !!!!!  Is that why  it does not include   "civil society "  (terms he says he does not like) and why it is not a G20, ???? for the time beeing, ...

Marie
     governance at lists.cpsr.org