[governance] No concluding ending for CSTD WG to IGF improvement

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Mar 29 06:15:38 EDT 2011

William Drake <william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch> wrote:

> On Mar 27, 2011, at 8:53 PM, Anriette Esterhuysen wrote:
>
> > In other words, other than for the non-governmental stakeholders this
> > process was not really about IGF improvements, but about the IGF being a
> > stage for other plays.
>
> Alas, this seems to say it all.  Is there any reason to think this
> will change?  If not, what alternatives should we begin to think
> about?

Organize a working-group consisting of everyone who truly wants to
improve the IGF, and have this working-group create a good WGIG-style
report.

The UN had the opportunity to do this, and failed. This creates the
opportunity for another actor to act as convenor of a significant
multistakeholder WG now.

Greetings,
Norbert
     governance at lists.cpsr.org