[governance] Coffee Brake

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Thu Mar 24 11:31:57 EDT 2011

After lunch, a round of comments went around the issue of participation
from developing countries. Almost consensus on need for more funding,
Speakers Fund, proposed by Anriette seemed to have good support.
Canada was mentioned by Mariyn Cad as putting indirect, non-binding fund
of $100,000 each year, and I followed that.
US stayed cautious not make direct UN funding, but be voluntary funding
from stakeholders.

Three papers distributed:
Marilia introduced the “Summary of the compilation of contributions”
prepared by Marilia and Nermine El-Saadany.
It7s a 24 page document, well-done!
I put the PDF file here. Sorry for the volume, but worth to share.

They didn’t change words on “outcome” section as each word may have
its own political weight.
Marilia did first for her own "homework", and now it is a good base
for the report.

India introduced “chapeau” para as the preamble.

Chair also introduced one-page bullet points of morning discussion

20 min Coffee brake till 16:40.

izumi
     governance at lists.cpsr.org