[governance] [lack of] Net Neutrality for Mobile Internet in different shapes and forms?

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Mar 18 08:46:11 EDT 2011

In message
<AANLkTin9dUNgSkK8j6g=3Yr4QfP-B+PFEbNvSUx_yrDg at mail.gmail.com>, at
16:58:46 on Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Ivar A. M. Hartmann
<ivarhartmann at gmail.com> writes
>Try as I might, I can't think of something more dangerous than allowing
>ISPs to determine and enforce rules about what is a fair use of
>internet access

It's being done on volume of traffic. Too much traffic = unfair.

That's the point of the policy - to make it clear that they aren't
looking at the content (for example).

There's even a "fair use" policy on this mailing list, if I recall
correctly. Four (or is it five) off-topic emails a day is your limit.
And that's after someone has looked at the content and decided it was
"noise".
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org