[governance] the end of Governments a we know them ?

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Mar 2 07:58:44 EST 2011

At 08:37 02/03/2011, Avri Doria wrote:
>Although to be fair, while I may not agree with Bill Dee and Suzanne
>Sene a lot of the time, I have never noticed them in the act of
>gagging anyone (neither actually nor virtually) and have always felt
>them to be ready for a rip roaring discussion on most any point.

Avri,

the gagging is not by the government middle(wo)men like these nice
people. These people are expendable and motivated by doing a good job
or statisfying their Ministry as some of them explained with a
response, any response, which look serious until the next election.

The gagging further creeps from many administrative people, juges,
merchants etc. who follow on the initial logic.

As I tried to explain Suzanne, the mistake at her level is to refer
herself to an Hollywood DNS story. Her problem is not with the ICANN
detail and the way they use it (as a cover or as a tool). Her problem
will be with her Mnister, her President, her fellow citizens the day
one start explaining them the true way the existing DNS can work. Not
another alternative fancy DNS story. Just the plain existing DNS, and
how it dramatically expended with IDNA2008's subsidiarity.

You can call it a Jefsey's dream, but it has come true through RFC
and IAB reflexion. Actually it has not come true, it was always
true,because there always were classes, presentations, languages, z
flag, virtual root matrix, domain names (I started toying with them
in 1978). True, there are a few things that will be new like ML-DNS,
domain name piles, converters, netix, Fred Baker's NAPT66, etc. but
they were implied and delayed, from the very begining. The true
problem is the transition from a few million of paying domain names
to a few millions of free TLDs, as investigated in ICANN ICP-3 and
called by IAB RFC 3869. And how to use this transition to improve
stabiliy. Vint proposed ICANN to take the lead in studying this: I
opposed because ICANN represents no one. They did not consider
because they had just no idea of what we were talking about.

Please, let us get real. I mean, let the US get real.
jfc

     governance at lists.cpsr.org